Topic: Cant post my ad on backpage classifides

Hi

l am trying to post an ad on backpage, but when l hit the continue button l always get an error. It says: "An error occurred while placing your ad. Email us at support@backpage.com for additional info. Please include the ad you're trying to place"

l have not contacted support about it yet, l wanted to ask you first.
Maybe l can not post on backpage because l am not from the US or Canada?

Re: Cant post my ad on backpage classifides

I am not sure, several things, what type of ad are you trying to post?

Are you using your affiliate link in your ad?

Are you using text or html?

If you read the TOS of backpage, look for whether or not you are able to place ads from outside of the us and canada, if that is the case it will be stated there and so will the rest of the above.

Amy

Are you trying to use HTML in your ad?  I'm not too familiar with Backpage, but I believe they limit the use of HTML in some categories.

-Chris

I have never had an issue with html, Chris but affiliate links are an issue unless you use a blog and then redirect it to the affiliate link.

But like all of the advertising venues, it is extremely important to read the TOS of the sites you are using otherwise you will be doing a lot more work for no return when your ads are not being published.

Amy

Amy,

I had to laugh yesterday when I saw an APS member advertising a banner for the Shoemoney System on Backpage.  They were just direct linking to it. big_smile

Anyways, I'm sure KirElis is wondering what Joseph did to successfully advertise Clickbank products on Backpage.

-Chris

Yes, l have tried to post both html image ads and text ads without any luck. l also tried to post an ad without any links in it. l will look at the TOS once more to see if l can find what l am doing wrong.

closenno wrote:

Amy,

I had to laugh yesterday when I saw an APS member advertising a banner for the Shoemoney System on Backpage.  They were just direct linking to it. big_smile

Anyways, I'm sure KirElis is wondering what Joseph did to successfully advertise Clickbank products on Backpage.

-Chris

I just wanted to update everyone, I got a big surprise yesterday. My ads in backpage were deleted and I got the same error message as KirElis, when I contacted them they just send me to a link for their TOS.

I read them over and can not find where I went wrong, I guess their just like squidoo, they don't want to let you know what the problem is.

It looks like marketing online is becoming more difficult then ever, we need to adapt to all the new changes while being carful not to break any rules.

My backpage campaign was short lived but it left a great taste in my mouth, I have seen it's power and I will re-read their TOS 10 times if I have to, but I will continue to advertise their.

Joseph

Click Here if you can!!!

joseph1 wrote:

I just wanted to update everyone, I got a big surprise yesterday. My ads in backpage were deleted and I got the same error message as KirElis, when I contacted them they just send me to a link for their TOS.

I read them over and can not find where I went wrong, I guess their just like squidoo, they don't want to let you know what the problem is.

It looks like marketing online is becoming more difficult then ever, we need to adapt to all the new changes while being carful not to break any rules.

My backpage campaign was short lived but it left a great taste in my mouth, I have seen it's power and I will re-read their TOS 10 times if I have to, but I will continue to advertise their.

Joseph

Hey Joseph,

What categories were you advertising in?  I've looked at the biz opp section on Backpage and they allow just about anything in that category.

Also, were you buying ads?  If you post free ads they have a pretty stringent policy preventing the same ads in multiple categories and multiple submissions in a 7 day period.  That's why people setup multiple account using different IP addresses.

-Chris

closenno wrote:

What categories were you advertising in?

I posted in pets & pet supplies for a few clickbank products.

I just want to ad to your post that along with using a different IP address you must also use a different email address for each account that you open.

Last edited by joseph1 (2010-01-25 22:18:39)

Click Here if you can!!!

I'm really curious as to whether you were using the freebie service or paid. I'm kinda thinking they'll turn a blind eye to paying customers for infractions they'd nail free-riders for, wouldn't you think. I especially like their multi-city posting plan. It works out to be really cheap to run ads in a number of different cities.

dons1165 wrote:

I'm really curious as to whether you were using the freebie service or paid. I'm kinda thinking they'll turn a blind eye to paying customers for infractions they'd nail free-riders for, wouldn't you think. I especially like their multi-city posting plan. It works out to be really cheap to run ads in a number of different cities.

Don, You may have something here, I posted a free ad. Nothing like nailing the free customers I quess.

Click Here if you can!!!

Hi

I also got the same message when I tried to send an ad a few days ago.

KirElis wrote:

Hi

l am trying to post an ad on backpage, but when l hit the continue button l always get an error. It says: "An error occurred while placing your ad. Email us at support@backpage.com for additional info. Please include the ad you're trying to place"

l have not contacted support about it yet, l wanted to ask you first.
Maybe l can not post on backpage because l am not from the US or Canada?